The Loot Council is regular column highlighting interesting and informative posts from around the WoW finance blogosphere.
This weekend is Memorial Day here in the U.S. As we practice our own brand of war in our favorite MMO, let’s all take a quick moment to remember that this holiday is about much more than BBQs and days out of the office. Here’s to all those brave souls who made the ultimate sacrifice in serving our nation. We now return to your regularly scheduled WoWenomic virtual finance highlights…
- The Art of Solo-ing WoW blog continues to impress with this gem on petting your way to profit.
- Kaliope released an update to her very helpful Trade Trak mod. Give it a try.
- I am a Paladin provides a nice, succinct guide to using the new in-game equipment manager. There’s a more detailed version of the same over at the Melted Faces blog should you want the long version.
- WoW Stuck posted some helpful tips on how to handle your account being hacked. Worth a preventative read for sure.
- Medivh Gold released an awesome guide for profiting from those extremely rare gems we’ve heard so much about.
- Larisa of the Pink Pigtail Inn is (quite understandably) no big fan of
WoW Insider’sWoW.com’s new social profiling tool. Well written and some excellent points also made in the comments.
- Just my Two Copper announced the winners of their gold-making contest. It is rare to find a single place with so many good tips so go give the post a look!
- It was good news/bad news for Jewelcrafters this week. Flyv released an add-on that our resident JCer has gone absolutely nuts for. Seriously worth a look to any JCer that seeks to profit from the sale of gems in the AH. On the other hand, news of a JC nerf was posted on both the US forums and EU forums. So far, 65 pages of QQ and counting…
WARNING- the next link is potentially highly offensive and for mature audiences ONLY (and certainly NSFW):
- Finally, it is no secret that we are big fans of correlation here at WoWenomics. It seems someone over at the ever-funny WoW Fail Blog posted an example of the Amazon sale-bot picking up on a correlation that comes as no surprise to anyone who’s dealt with the general WoW population previously. All we can say is O…M…G… we’ll never think of raiders that go AFK the same way again.
Note that the above blogs are not listed in any particular order outside of the way the team brainstormed them. Please let us know if there are any sites that you feel we should feature and we will do so in a future edition of The Loot Council.