The Loot Council is regular column highlighting interesting and informative posts from around the WoW finance blogosphere.
A week of discontent about the WoW finance blogosphere. Here’s our summary of things that were just not quite right.
- AH Trading, Simplified learned (the hard way) about the old adage of mixing money and friends.
- The WoW Street Journal is dealing with something we’ve all had to contend with at one point or another… competition.
- Gevlon wrote a poignant piece on the hottest tradeskill of the day and argues, quite effectively, that something must be wrong with inscription if it is this profitable. Naturally, Tobold has his own (also well thought out) take on the matter. Both posts have some additional insight in the comments section.
- Infernix from Life in WoW- Coining It is feeling ‘Grrrr, angry’ with Blizzard.
- Hey, speaking of things being a little off… has anyone seen Scrooge around lately? Come on back guy- we miss ya!
- WoW.com gets up close and personal with a genuine WoW scam artist. Really interesting interview ensues.
- There’s also some rumblings that the traditionally recession proof video game industry is starting to feel the effects of the recession. Well-written article concludes with video on third page replete with clueless booth babes and dorky PR wonks at E3.
- Of course, if all the new motion sensing video game technology is overwhelming, there’s always our personal favorite way of playing: The WoW approach. Literally LOL’d at that one.
Note that the above blogs are not listed in any particular order outside of the way the team brainstormed them. Please let us know if there are any sites that you feel we should feature and we will do so in a future edition of The Loot Council.