I recently returned from an amazing fishing trip although I can’t say there were actually very many fish involved. In fact, here’s a quick run down.
Things I caught on my fishing holiday:
- At least 4 hangovers
- 1 storm at sea on a day we were “strongly encouraged” not to go out. Ooops.
- A speeding ticket
- One of my trip-mates in compromising position in the kitchenette with a ‘friend’ he made on vacation (hope he didn’t catch anything hee hee!)
- A sunburn (twice!)
- Copious amounts of wife aggro- apparently taking a vacation with the boys for about a month while not being able to spare a weekend for the in-laws is a bad thing?!?
Astute readers will notice the glaring omission of fish on the above list. That’s right, in an extended vacation that included a solid 19 days of fishing I didn’t catch a single fish. The guys next to me caught fish. The people that worked the fishing boat caught fish. The little girl who went out fishing for her first time with her daddy caught fish. But, it seemed, it was all a RL version of Deathcharger’s Reins for me this time out.
Recap of the past few weeks
What an awesome couple of weeks! Seems like so many interesting things happened in this short time span.
Here are a few highlights:
- Looks like things finally are turning around
- Kaliope pointed us towards a behind the scenes look at the new WoW film
- CIT Group shows us they’re as on top of their game as ever
- There were issues with the new Cars for Clunkers program. Gee, might it have something to do with the management?
- There was a naked guy on the Bull!?! WTF? I swear, I leave you guys alone for just a few weeks…
- The world’s smartest person was identified in California
- Mario became suicidal with the state of the recession in the Mushroom Kingdom
- Oh yeah, and a little thing called Patch 3.2 dropped!
I’ve actually been back for about 10 days but haven’t been able to get the entire team together until just a few days ago. The only problem now is that 3.2 has everyone up in arms with different theories and ideas. In fact, the only thing the team solidly agreed upon is that I am a terrible fisherman. At any rate, it looks like we will be focusing on the following items in the next couple of weeks:
- Focus Week! Looks like gold making tips was the winning suggestion. We’ll kick off this feature next Monday with an entire week dedicated to only gold making posts.
- Rotating blog roll and Resources page updates. These features are long overdue for an update. Let us know if you’ve got suggestions or sites you’d like to see included.
- Some patch 3.2 tips and tricks from the WoWenomics team
- The conclusion and publication of our longest WoWenomic study ever! This is data that has been collected for over 4 months and required thousands of gold to test!!!
At any rate, it’s great to be back. Thank you to everyone that e-mailed or left comments of concern. We’ve got a few articles for you guys in the works already and we’ll be posting them over the next few days. It may be some time, however, before we post anything on in-game fishing.