The Loot Council is regular column highlighting interesting and informative posts from around the WoW finance blogosphere.
- First off, two more new WoW gold blogs are on the scene. Today we welcome Dark’s Guide to Gold and Trowlcat to the game. These blogs are also now listed on our sidebar and Resources page. Check them out and give them a warm welcome.
- We also wanted to point out that the Misc. blog is now listed on our Resources page. This is a great blog that we’ve mentioned previously and is well worth a look.
In WoW Finance News
- Seth from One Copper reported on an interesting story. He is claiming that it is a bannable offense to overtake and manipulate markets on the AH. We say, pics or it didn’t happen. Blizzard has stated previously that they are strictly hands off when it comes to the auction house and the offense is not listed on their scam policy page so we’d be very interested to learn the particulars of this case. We suspect that something else was afoot and await more information.
- Sarainy released his own crafting spreadsheet. Go give it a look and provide him with feedback.
- Zekta calculated the approximate gold cost of buying Sons of Hodir reputation and explains why it might be beneficial to do so.
- The WoW 100k Gold Challenge blog reminds everyone of the benefits of farming old primals. This is a neat and profitable trick that is not profession specific.
- WoW.com is reporting that craftable nature resistance gear is incoming in patch 3.3.
- The Troll Shaman gives his take on the market effects of Abyssal Shatter. He also told a strange story of an intimate affair with a pile (or is it two piles?) of gold. We assume this is a tongue in (someone else’s) cheek reference to the existence of so many WoW gold blogs but can’t be sure because we were distracted by the lurid details and are left feeling dirty.
- KevMar of My AH banker was hacked and shares his story.
- All My Nuts is looking for a new farmer. A problem that all dedicated WoW gold masters have probably had before.
- There’s a fantastic post over at JMTC about some of the common beginner trading errors on the AH. Definitely want to give that a look.
In Real Business News
- Score one for the little guy? First a consumer says, “Enough is enough”. Then the bank responds by getting rid of the CEO? Crazy. But guess who gets the last laugh.
- Think we’re over the recession? Think again. Scary data just in time for Halloween.
- Oh, and Saturn crashed and the world said ‘/shrug’.
Note that the above blogs are not listed in any particular order outside of the way the team brainstormed them. Please let us know if there are any sites that you feel we should feature and we will do so in a future edition of The Loot Council.