We’re receiving word from a few readers that are having trouble completing the necessary Brewfest achievements to complete the holiday meta-achievement. The concern is from readers who did not start attaining Brewfest Prize Tokens early in the event or are otherwise not able to play regularly enough to get the tokens. So, while drinking beer in WoW is fun in and of itself, there is still some work to be done for many players.
Brewfest differs slightly from other in-game holiday events in that the currency for the items required to complete the related achievement is not ‘grindable’ in a single extended play session. Rather, amassing the Brewfest Prize Tokens requires a much smaller time investment, but stretched out over several days. To those players that can only log on a few times a week or for very limited amounts of time per day we offer the following tips for attaining all the necessary tokens and, hopefully, getting your sweet violet drake.
- Know that your goal is 350 Brewfest Prize Tokens. This is the exact minimum amount you need to complete the event.
- The reason you only need 350 is because if you purchase the Brewfest outfit for 350 tokens, and immediately complete the related achievement, you can then return the clothing to the vendor for a full refund of your tokens. You then use 200 of these tokens to attain your Brew of the Month club membership and the other 150 can be spent as you wish. Pet collectors might want to spend 100 on the Pint-Sized Pink Elekk.
- After completing all the regular quests, there are three ways to attain more tokens, two daily quests and the keg delivery pseudo-daily. These quests are explained clearly on several sites, perhaps our favorite of which is WoWhead.
- The two daily quests are self-explanatory but the keg delivery aspect is a little more in-depth. The first thing to note is that, unlike other daily quests, this one can be completed once every 18 hours set on an internal timer. In theory, you can complete this part twice a day.
- The keg running pseudo-daily has two locations of apple barrels along the path that will remove your mount’s exhaustion debuff. There are also similar barrels at the start and end of the route. Familiarize yourself with the route and the location of the barrels prior to starting the quest. WoWWiki does a fantastic job of going into extreme detail on this subject. Definitely give that a read if you want to perfect your strategy.
- If you’re having problems finding a good location to complete Drunken Stupor without dieing, it helps to know that you can be shielded or immune and still complete this (including having a palli use DI on you). We really liked the advice on locations provided by WoW.com for this one. Go check it out.
- An entirely different Drunken Stupor achievement.
- Speculation on the post-event secondary market of Tankard O’ Terror.
- Zekta with a neat tip on how to get more out of your group’s Direbrew summons.
- Wonder what you’re missing out there in the RL version of Brewfest? Here is some motivation to make it to Munich next year (both links are safe for work but just barely).
- Funny Brewfest goggle screen shots from WoW.com