Today we announce the inclusion of yet another new WoW gold blog on our side bar list and Resources page. Enchant Yourself is a diary style gold blog with day-to-day reports on the author’s attempts at successful (and sometimes unsuccessful) gold grabbing. One very interesting feature is that the author has made the decision to start their gold making adventure without any seed funding so they are documenting their experience on going from literally zero gold to WoW riches and taking us along for the ride. They have also included a fairly comprehensive blog roll, frequent updates and posts on various subjects including AH manipulation and crafting-for-profit experiments. Stop by and welcome this new blog to the community.
Tag Archives: WoWenomic Site News
The Loot Council is regular column highlighting interesting and informative posts from around the WoW finance blogosphere.
First off, a warm welcome to five (Yes, FIVE!!!) new WoW gold blogs on the market. All of these blogs have been added to our Quick Navigation Bar on the right side of every page as well as added to our Resources page. Please give each of these guys a look and welcome them to the community:
- A Fistful of Coppers– Great new site with lots of easy to read and effective tips for making gold from all aspects of the game.
- Bobreazes’ WoW Gold Tips– A nice look inside the mind of an auction house manipulator. Some great tips and ideas to be found within.
- Diamond Tipped Cane– Another fine blog about AH pimpin’. Check out their informative series on generating gold by meeting the needs of raiders.
- Hit the Cap– A new WoW gold blog who kicked things off by proving the old adage that there’s no such thing as bad press. Good posts, nice layout and a comprehensive WoW finance blog roll.
- Morgraan’s Corner– WoW gold making with a personal touch. Author’s stories of successes and failures in pursuit of WoW riches.
We’ve also recently added the following two non-finance WoW blogs to our Resources page:
- Death Goddess is a unique DK blog that provides us with a glimpse into the world of Hinenuitepo
- Altaholics Anonymous is a fun read with stories and shared personal experiences of day-to-day WoW life.
Be sure to stop by and give both of these blogs a read.
A few highlights from the financial WoW blogosphere this week are:
- Too Greedy went rogue and switched teams. Oh the treachery!
- Blizzard confirmed a reduction in Expert Riding Skill price. Level 60 riding now costs only 225 G. In our day we… bah, don’t even get us started.
- Great post on the art of price capping from Dominate Your Server. An old AH trick explained for those that don’t know how it works.
- Another old trick discussed, this time it is of the craft and D/E for profit variety. Suggestions and tips from both Hit the Cap and AH-Whoring.
- My AH Banker comes through with a fantastic post on what it takes to challenge him in the wars of the AH. Better bring your A-game!
- Seth over at One Copper is seeking your suggestions for his new podcast.
Note that the above blogs are not listed in any particular order outside of the way the team brainstormed them. Please let us know if there are any sites that you feel we should feature and we will do so in a future edition of The Loot Council.
A few long overdue changes put in place today.
Other WoW Finance Blogs
First off, we’ve updated our side bar links to ‘Other WoW Finance Blogs‘
We removed several outdated or defunct blogs and added the following:
My Auction House Banker–
A very clean layout with quick, well thought out, informative posts.
A fantastic WoW finance resource with posts that range from gold making tips to diary style gold ledger updates and some WoW finance theorycrafting.
The Happy Scribe–
A more recent entry with a focus on inscription and the profits to be made from this popular profession. Good advice to be had here even if you’re not a scribe.
This blog is long overdue for a WoWenomic call out as it has been around for several years. Very similar to the Just My Two Copper style with short informative posts centered around gold making tips. Some good advice in the archives as well.
Rotating Blog Roll
Our ‘Rotating Blog Roll’ has, well, rotated. Lots of new blogs added and a few older ones removed. Give these new listings a look. As always, you can find the full blog roll listing on our Resources page. If you’d like your blog included in a future roll, just let us know.
Two New Categories Added to the Home Page
We added a category for ‘WoW Blog Listings and News’ and another for ‘WoW Status Updates’. The former will provide readers with a few quick links to get WoW news and blog headlines and the latter allows readers for even faster access to WoW server status and game updates directly from Blizzard.
Resources Page Update
The changes here are too numerous to list individually so we’ll sum it up by saying that all the classes now have at least one link (thank you to those that made suggestions), other sections have been expanded and a few links were moved to more appropriate categories. Finally, in response to the many requests we’ve received for details on our real-world finance reads, we added a few more links to some of the real-world finance resources enjoyed most by the WoWenomics team.
If we overlooked your (or your favorite) blog, let us know. We’d love to add you. The only reason that additional blogs are not listed is because we’ve not yet been made aware of them or, in at least a few occasions, because our Resident Typing Monkey was drunk.
We concluded our series of posts dedicated to gold making tips late last night and will return to our regular variety of posts next week. This weekend we will post our regular Loot Council and Funny Money Columns. If you enjoyed our focus on gold making tips we encourage you to take a look at some of our other gold making tip articles or otherwise peruse our archives.
We will spend the next seven days focused on a single aspect of WoWenomics as voted on by our readers in our recent poll. The selected topic this time was gold making tips. Later today we will publish our first article in this series.
Please note that, while we will continue this series for seven consecutive days, there may be a few additional posts not related to generating WoW income due to the impending Blizzcon event and probable announcement of the next WoW expansion. We will also be reporting on both of these issues as appropriate.
I recently returned from an amazing fishing trip although I can’t say there were actually very many fish involved. In fact, here’s a quick run down.
Things I caught on my fishing holiday:
- At least 4 hangovers
- 1 storm at sea on a day we were “strongly encouraged” not to go out. Ooops.
- A speeding ticket
- One of my trip-mates in compromising position in the kitchenette with a ‘friend’ he made on vacation (hope he didn’t catch anything hee hee!)
- A sunburn (twice!)
- Copious amounts of wife aggro- apparently taking a vacation with the boys for about a month while not being able to spare a weekend for the in-laws is a bad thing?!?
Astute readers will notice the glaring omission of fish on the above list. That’s right, in an extended vacation that included a solid 19 days of fishing I didn’t catch a single fish. The guys next to me caught fish. The people that worked the fishing boat caught fish. The little girl who went out fishing for her first time with her daddy caught fish. But, it seemed, it was all a RL version of Deathcharger’s Reins for me this time out.
Recap of the past few weeks
What an awesome couple of weeks! Seems like so many interesting things happened in this short time span.
Here are a few highlights:
- Looks like things finally are turning around
- Kaliope pointed us towards a behind the scenes look at the new WoW film
- CIT Group shows us they’re as on top of their game as ever
- There were issues with the new Cars for Clunkers program. Gee, might it have something to do with the management?
- There was a naked guy on the Bull!?! WTF? I swear, I leave you guys alone for just a few weeks…
- The world’s smartest person was identified in California
- Mario became suicidal with the state of the recession in the Mushroom Kingdom
- Oh yeah, and a little thing called Patch 3.2 dropped!
I’ve actually been back for about 10 days but haven’t been able to get the entire team together until just a few days ago. The only problem now is that 3.2 has everyone up in arms with different theories and ideas. In fact, the only thing the team solidly agreed upon is that I am a terrible fisherman. At any rate, it looks like we will be focusing on the following items in the next couple of weeks:
- Focus Week! Looks like gold making tips was the winning suggestion. We’ll kick off this feature next Monday with an entire week dedicated to only gold making posts.
- Rotating blog roll and Resources page updates. These features are long overdue for an update. Let us know if you’ve got suggestions or sites you’d like to see included.
- Some patch 3.2 tips and tricks from the WoWenomics team
- The conclusion and publication of our longest WoWenomic study ever! This is data that has been collected for over 4 months and required thousands of gold to test!!!
At any rate, it’s great to be back. Thank you to everyone that e-mailed or left comments of concern. We’ve got a few articles for you guys in the works already and we’ll be posting them over the next few days. It may be some time, however, before we post anything on in-game fishing.
I’m off on vacation for about ten days. I may not have an opportunity to post during this time and will most likely not have contact with the rest of the WoWenomics team regardless (which is the vacation part of the vacation no doubt). At any rate, you might enjoy looking over a few of our older posts during our absence.
Here, in no particular order, are a few of my personal favorites:
- WoW, Sin Stocks, and the Real World Economy
- A Visit to Thunder Falls
- The Rise and Fall (and Fall and Fall) of Book of Glyph Mastery
- 3 Easy Ways to Complete the Cheese For Glowergold Daily Cooking Quest
- Hot Item of the Week- Enchanting Vellums
- Three Reasons to Never Buy Gold
- ‘Bid’ and ‘Ask’ and a Day in the Life of a Wall Street Trader
- The Top Ten Types of WoW Gold Makers
- Recovering From a Bad Trade
- The Death of WoW
Enjoy the reads and be sure to also check the comments if the subject interests you. Quite often the comments take the discussion to the next level.
And don’t forget to cast your vote as to what you’d most like us to focus on upon our return.
We’ll see you in a week or two after some sunshine and copious amounts of beer.